Visual Studio Versions

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Can I get a quick rundown of which MEF releases here on Code Plex work with VS 2008? Both .NET and SL versions in that IDE?

And I am correct that no MEF version works with VS 2005 or SL 2?

Thank you!

Katlheen

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Well, to answer my own stupid question....

It seems the .NET versoin of Preview 8, also known as MEF_Beta_2 still opens and compiles in VS 2008.

Just for the record in my own defense... somehow a file named MEF_Beta_2.zip, well implies, in sort of a round about way, that well, maybe it has something to do with well, you know, maybe like Beta 2...

Developer
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM

The code we are releasing on codeplex is targetting VS2008 and .Net 3.5. The reason we are naming it Beta2 is because the API's are consistent with what is shipping in .Net 4.0 Beta2. Sorry for the confusion.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM
MEF does not work in VS2005 / .NET 2.0 as we depend heavily on LINQ. You might also check out PocketMef (pocketmef.codeplex.com) as there is a port of MEF in there that works for compact framework, and it may in fact work on 2.0. As far as SL2, it may work, though we have not tested. I did manage to port MEF to work on Moonlight which is SL2 compat so it might work.