ImportRequiredMetadata

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM
From the The MEF Guide, Exports & Metadata:-  "Be aware that we are considering removing support for ImportRequiredMetadata."

Has there been any decision on this yet? Would I be better off writing my own filter?

Thanks
Michael
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Hi Michael,

This feature will likely be removed, but the functionality is still available.

Instead of the attribute, importing into the Export<T, TMetadata> type allows you to specify a ‘metadata view’. The properties of the metadata view interface will be used as required metadata keys.

There are some details here: http://mef.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Strongly%20typed%20Metadata&referringTitle=Guide – unfortunately the example shows ExportCollection<T,M> only, but the same basic mechanism is used for single values.

Cheers,

Nick

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 5:33 AM
To: Nicholas Blumhardt
Subject: ImportRequiredMetadata [MEF:52680]

From the The MEF Guide, Exports & Metadata:- "Be aware that we are considering removing support for ImportRequiredMetadata."

Has there been any decision on this yet? Would I be better off writing my own filter?

Thanks
Michael

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com