Newbie having trouble with XFileExplorer sample

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Hi - I'm playing with the samples to try to figure out what's going on with MEF. The XFileExplorer does not work as described in the sample documentation. There's no Size View appearing, only the Content View. It looks like it may be because the SizeView class uses ExportMetadata while the ContentView class uses FileExplorerViewMetadata. I'm digging in to try to solve the problem, but if someone's already solved it I'd appreciate your help! Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm using the latest source (from 10/2).
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2008 at 9:57 PM

This is because the System.ComponentModel.Composition dll is being referenced with "copy local" set to true.  This is causing it to be copied to both the bin\XFileExplorer and bin\XFileExplorer\Addins directory.  This is a problem because it gets loaded twice and the attributes from the addins don't match the attributes it is looking for.  When we actually ship this won't be a problem because the assembly will be loaded in the GAC which will prevent it from being loaded twice.

For now, you can delete the DLL from the Addins directory and run the program.  When you recompile it will copy it there again though.  We plan to fix the sample so this doesn't happen.

Thanks,
Daniel

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Thanks - that solved the problem.