Very very nice! My complements to the chefs

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:03 AM
Edited Sep 7, 2008 at 7:08 AM
The bootstrap performance is amazing - this dispells my belief that WPF is just slow starting up; I literally blinked and the MefLook screen was there.  I like not having to look at an empty window while the "container" processes; perceived performance takes a big hit.

Is the performance boost from the design of the composition container?   With  CAB, SCSF and Unity I did most of my learning from the Unit Test; I'm particularly interested in the composition container - are there test available; didn't see them in the download.

GREAT JOB!!!   
Sep 7, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Hi Bill

Nice to see you from the other side of the house :) Thanks for the comments. The team will be very happy to hear this.

We will be shipping unit tests in the next drop which will be in about 6 weeks. On the perf, we've been focusing heavy on improving our startup times. It will get even better as in the next drop there should be a cached catalog. This allows the container to access all the metadata without any reflection what-so-ever. The cache will be lightning fast!

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:14 PM
[gblock] "Nice to see you from the other side of the house"; ditto, I enjoyed your comprehensive article on the CompositeWPF.  

Lightning fast is a good thing - looking forward to the next drop!  By then I should be in a happy place (with the CompositeWPF and hopefully SharePoint) so that I can dig in and learn MEF.  Exciting times!

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM
Thanks. Glad you liked the article.