Assembly conflicts with Composition.Initialization.Desktop (Glenn)

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I am using MEF 2 Preview 4 and enjoy all the updates from the one include in the .NET framework.  I have started developing a MVVM WPF application and require self-compostion.  Glenn has made a great method for this task called SatisfyImports, which is located on his skydrive (https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f8b2fd72406fb218&id=F8B2FD72406FB218!238).  Now my project refences "System.ComponentModel.Composition.CodePlex" and Glen's "Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.Initialization.Desktop".  When I attempt to compile I get the error listed below.  It appears the problem is the SatisfyImports assembly has references to the .NET System.ComponentModel.Composition (Version 4.0.0).  I cannot reference this missing assembly and MEF 2 Preview 4 because of the complete overlap.  How can I resolve this problem given I need feature from both assemblies.  Merging "...Initialization.Desktop" into MEF 2 Preview 4 (codeplex) is a solution, but I cannot wait.

Error    3    The type 'System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePart' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.    C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\AIworld\Shell\Ide\EamlEditorGroupView.xaml.cs    32    13    Shell

Thanks,

aidesigner

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Hi – the only option available right now is to rebuild Glenn’s assembly (if source is available) against the CodePlex version of MEF.

Cheers,
Nick

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 2:35 PM
To: Nicholas Blumhardt
Subject: Assembly conflicts with Composition.Initialization.Desktop (Glenn) [MEF:283265]

I am using MEF 2 Preview 4 and enjoy all the updates from the one include in the .NET framework. I have started developing a MVVM WPF application and require self-compostion. Glenn has made a great method for this task called SatisfyImports, which is located on his skydrive (https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f8b2fd72406fb218&id=F8B2FD72406FB218!238). Now my project refences "System.ComponentModel.Composition.CodePlex" and Glen's "Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.Initialization.Desktop". When I attempt to compile I get the error listed below. It appears the problem is the SatisfyImports assembly has references to the .NET System.ComponentModel.Composition (Version 4.0.0). I cannot reference this missing assembly and MEF 2 Preview 4 because of the complete overlap. How can I resolve this problem given I need feature from both assemblies. Merging "...Initialization.Desktop" into MEF 2 Preview 4 (codeplex) is a solution, but I cannot wait.

Error 3 The type 'System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePart' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\AIworld\Shell\Ide\EamlEditorGroupView.xaml.cs 32 13 Shell

Thanks,

aidesigner

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Thank you the rebuild worked.  However I will start a new thread as I hope for eventual integration.