Why was PartMetadataAttribute sealed?

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I'd like to provide metadata so that it ends up in the ComposablePartDefinition, but why then is the PartMetadataAttribute sealed, when I'd really like to subclass, like I do with strongly typed metadata for exports? I don't need to be able to have strongly typed data in this case but I'd really like to avoid having to specify the metadata name for each value and to have multiple PartMetadataAttribute declarations for each value. I would really prefer it if I could group them as a whole.

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Because we didn't have a feature similar to inheritable export attributes for part metadata. This is on the list for the next version, and should be available soon - not promising, though..

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 9:29 AM

This is why I enjoy MEF as an Open Source project. In the worst case scenario, I can just do it myself... ;) The preview release is awesome by the way, I like not having to hotfix or patch source trees to get a specific feature (talking about the ExportFactory specifically).

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Is there a specific place (not CodePlex in general) we can follow the development of MEF? Like the overall plan moving forward? Or place where you aggregate feedback?