Welcome to the MEF Source Preview 4
: MEF is in development. The source available on this site, does not reflect the final state of the product. It is also not a CTP, or a Beta. If you are downloading the source, consider it a preview of where we are at currently. We'd welcome any feedback
you have on your experience.
This our fourth MEF source preview. The first preview was released as a CTP on CodeGallery
. This drop includes full source for MEF as well as several sample applications. Note: we don't sign the assembly releases. In case you need a signed assembly follow these steps.
The full source in this release is licensed under MS-PL.
Below is a summary of the changes in this release:
- Composition Batch support
- Debugging and Diagnostics work
- Lifetime work
- Several performance optimizations
- AllowNonPublicCompositionAttribute was removed. It is no longer needed MEF will always look at publics and non-publics.
- ComposablePartCatalog and related types were moved from System.ComponentModel.Composition to System.ComponentModel.Compositioni.Primitives.
- AttributedTypesPartCatalog was renamed to TypeCatalog
- AttributedAssemblyPartCatalog was renamed to AssemblyCatalog
- DirectoryPartCatalog was renamed to DirectoryCatalog
- AggregatingComposablePartCatalog was renamed to AggregateCatalog
- Catalog Caching extensibility API’s have been made internal.
Samples within include:
- Meflook - Outlook like client*
- Meftris - Tetris like game with shapes as plug-ins.*
- Extensible File Explorer - File explorer with extensible views, favories file viewers and shell services*
For documentation on the samples click here
The release zip file contains the source and binaries. The source is also checked in to the tree where you can access it through SVN.
MEF was designed to run on the Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, or Windows Server 2003 operating systems. Applications built using this MEF will require the .NET Framework 3.5 to run.
Before you can use MEF, the following must be installed:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
We welcome your feedback
. If you encounter any bugs or have feature suggestions, please submit a work item