App Modules loaded by demand + RIA Sevices

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM

In a typical LOB application, with different modules as sales, providers, administration, etc... I would like to load them under demand.

For example, I would like to show all options from  the main menu, but I would like to load the module only when the user click to access to the specific option.

Each module needs to access to specific RIA services.

Is there an example or blog about this specific scenario? I am reading a lot of information about import/export, etc., but I am really confused about how to solve this scenario.

Thank you

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Hi Dabiel

In my next blog post (blogs.msdn.com/gblock) I will be addressing this. We have a package API we ship in the Silverlight toolkit which allows you to partition your app into multiple XAPs and download on demand. If you check out my PDC talk (FT24), I discuss this in the latter part of the talk. The code that I demo which uses the package API is available here http://cid-f8b2fd72406fb218.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/blog/PDC09%20Demos.zip Check out the Houseplanner demo within and will see how to dynamically download modules.

Regards

Glenn