Referencing Errors.

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Edited Nov 20, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Ok, probably a nub question but for whatever reason after downloading the MEF preview 6 and the 8, I can not reference the "System.ComponentModel.Composition" from a silverlight 3 project.  I then recompiled all source and still same error:

"The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)"

Now this only happens when I try to reference the assembly in a silverlight project, not a console app for ex.

Any thoughts?  I Personally haven't seen this error before.

Thanx for your help.

-------------------------------------

Update, I found a demo app online and thought I would load it to see if it worked, sure enough loaded just fine, I then created a new sl3 app and referenced the assemblies for the demo app, WOW it worked.

Hers the kicker though, I then took those assemblies, and copied them to "C:\3rd_Party_Assemblies" where all our 3rd party stuff resides, I then recieved the exact same error?!  Now I am on win7, and I am guessing this is a RIGHTS issue? I will have to keep digging, but if anyone has any insight that would be great.

--------------------------------------

OMG, after much frustration, the end result to the issue was this.  The folder that I was storing the assemblies in was named

"C:\3rd Part Assemblies\MEF Preview 6 (July, 2009)"

Can you spot what was causing visual studio to complain?  Its the COMMA in the path name?!?!!?!?

For Sheets and giggles, I loaded up VMWare image with Vista64 and did NOT get this problem, apparently a bug in the open file dialog that VS is using in Win7 and ONLY when trying to add to a Silverlight project.

Long story short, I guess, don't be so descriptive in path names...