Could not load assemblies which has strong names.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:49 PM

When signing an assembly and imports the same, results in

Error: 1 - Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembly 'System.ComponentModel.Composition' does not have a strong name -- "AssemblyName".

Scenario

========

I have a plug project of type Class library, which is signed with a strong name. Upon using this in a host application result in the above error.

I think, I did not understand things better yet.

Best Regards,

Rao.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM
I believe that if your assembly which consumes System.ComponentModel.Composition is strong named then you will have to recompile the System.ComponentModel.Composition assembly with a strong name before you can use it.

I had to do this before I could use it for a project I'm working on.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:49 AM, raavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

When signing an assembly and imports the same, results in

Error: 1 - Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembly 'System.ComponentModel.Composition' does not have a strong name -- "AssemblyName".

Scenario

========

I have a plug project of type Class library, which is signed with a strong name. Upon using this in a host application result in the above error.

I think, I did not understand things better yet.

Best Regards,

Rao.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Well it seems to be a daunting task, but I will try to put my lucky hand over it..though.

Thankyou very much indeed.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I had success in loading the signed assemblies. The project runs fine.

Rao.