VS 2010 Beta 1 MEF Projects

May 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM

In VS 2010 Beta 1, I see the Other Project Types -> Extensibility -> VS Add-In or Shared Add-in.  Is this the project templates to create MEF applications?  Are there any examples on how to create projects to add within VS 2010 Beta 1 or our own MEF apps?  I know very little about MEF, but from what I think I understand about topic... this will allow us to create something similar to the following....

I can create an overall "shell" application that will house many applications.  I would like to eventually create a WPF app that has a Ribbon for navigation/configuration and a Frame that would populate links ( possibly small panels with buttons and info that describe app ).  This app would allow me to deploy apps to it over time without the need of users to update , but instead, have a way to decide ( Ribbon, etc. ) on what apps to include/remove in "shell" app.

I could see new SketchFlow being really useful in developing and adding the apps to this main application by using it's navigation tools.

Are my assumptions right/wrong?  Are these features available now ( In this codeplex project and/or VS 2010 Beta 1 )?  If not, is this the direction MEF is going?  Thanks again.

May 22, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Hi @Shaggygi

No the templates included are not for MEF. The VSSDK includes a set of templates for building MEF extensions for VS. This will be available for download online shortly.

HTH

Glenn

Sep 15, 2009 at 11:40 AM

What preview of MEF is ported with the visual studio 2010 beta?

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Hi Lance,

That would be the "Pre Beta 2" version on the releases page.

Nick

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Preview 7 matches the upcoming Beta 2. As far as Beta 1, it matches Preview 5 I believe.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:40 AM
To: Glenn Block
Subject: Re: VS 2010 Beta 1 MEF Projects [MEF:57183]

What preview of MEF is ported with the visual studio 2010 beta?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Thanks.