I'm giving a talk on MEF at Microsoft TechDays in Sweden. What should I say? ;~)

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Hey!

I'm giving a talk on MEF at Microsoft TechDays in Sweden in Mach. What should I say? ;~)

Well... I know what to say but there are different things to focus on and lots of things that I could include or not...

What is your favorite bit about MEF?

Cheers,

M.
Techie.notepad
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM
We recently landed a contract to develop a Patient Record Management System (which will utilize Prism, MEF, SQL Server 2008, Compact Framework, etc); after the 4th sprint I'll be taking it to the cloud.   At the point we take it to the cloud my wife (program manager) will be looking to take it to vertical markets, i.e., Optometry, OB, etc.   Because of MEF we'll be able to have a single architecture that will handle important matters such as HIPAA while providing us  a simple means to plug-in the applicable module (or modules), i.e., electronic billing will be in a future release.  

The Cloud will allow us to scale and MEF will provide an extensible framework which will allow us to move quickly through vertical markets.

Without MEF... Life would have been more complicated... 

Bill

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Cool scenario Bill, thanks!

(What's HIPAA - not American myself?)

I'll put your scenario on a list of ones I might use in my presentation!

Anyone else out there with a story on MEF? Or some cool one-liner for me to snip? Or just a thought or a feeling on what you appreciate with MEF?

Cheers,

M.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 18:25, billkrat <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

We recently landed a contract to develop a Patient Record Management System (which will utilize Prism, MEF, SQL Server 2008, Compact Framework, etc); after the 4th sprint I'll be taking it to the cloud. At the point we take it to the cloud my wife (program manager) will be looking to take it to vertical markets, i.e., Optometry, OB, etc. Because of MEF we'll be able to have a single architecture that will handle important matters such as HIPAA while providing us a simple means to plug-in the applicable module (or modules), i.e., electronic billing will be in a future release.

The Cloud will allow us to scale and MEF will provide an extensible framework which will allow us to move quickly through vertical markets.

Bill

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Magnus Mårtensson
Senior Consultant - Scrum Master - MCSD, MCTS
Dotway AB

Tel: +46 (768) 51 00 36

http://blog.noop.se/
Feb 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM

[NoopMan] What's HIPAA - not American myself?

It is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – what programmers have to concern themselves with in their Risk Analysis is the “Privacy Rule” which regulates the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).   As with security  the protection of patient personal/medical information has to be considered in every Story/Use Case.

Bill

Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:48 PM
To: bill@global-webnet.com
Subject: Re: I'm giving a talk on MEF at Microsoft TechDays in Sweden. What should I say? ;~) [MEF:46197]

Cool scenario Bill, thanks!

(What's HIPAA - not American myself?)

I'll put your scenario on a list of ones I might use in my presentation!

Anyone else out there with a story on MEF? Or some cool one-liner for me to snip? Or just a thought or a feeling on what you appreciate with MEF?

Cheers,

M.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 18:25, billkrat <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

We recently landed a contract to develop a Patient Record Management System (which will utilize Prism, MEF, SQL Server 2008, Compact Framework, etc); after the 4th sprint I'll be taking it to the cloud. At the point we take it to the cloud my wife (program manager) will be looking to take it to vertical markets, i.e., Optometry, OB, etc. Because of MEF we'll be able to have a single architecture that will handle important matters such as HIPAA while providing us a simple means to plug-in the applicable module (or modules), i.e., electronic billing will be in a future release.

The Cloud will allow us to scale and MEF will provide an extensible framework which will allow us to move quickly through vertical markets.

Bill

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Magnus Mårtensson
Senior Consultant - Scrum Master - MCSD, MCTS
Dotway AB

Tel: +46 (768) 51 00 36

http://blog.noop.se/