MEF distributions

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to organize all the different MEF distributions and the features that each has, it will be really nice if someone can help me with that.

From what I understand there is MEF in .NET 4.0 and 4.5.
There are alos out-of-band release from the source at this project site which are delivered using NuGet, the latest is 1.0.17.

It will be really nice to have a clear table of which .NET version support which MEF version and what features each MEF version has.
I have more questions in this matter but let's start from the basic.

Thank you,
Ido.
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Ido,

For difference between Mef 4.0 and Mef 4.5 see this article . With regards to platforms that they support both work on the desktop.

The OOB release of MEF has the features as listed in the following article .

Hope this provides you a starting point.

thanks

-alok

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM
The MEF team has been really quite, you can see that the articles are over year old.
The last commit here was at Jul 20, 2012.

Where can we see what is going on with MEF team and what the future plans are?
I put MEF in the core of our application and it is very important to me to see where Microsoft is going with it.

Thank you,
Ido.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Hi Ido,

The team has been focused on other priorities and working on enabling some longer term goals of the framework that are not specific to MEF, which I cannot talk about at this point in time. Please be assured that it is supported by us. We have some ideas on where we want to invest in MEF and we would love to share them out and get feedback as soon as we can get it to a point where we can execute on it.

Thanks for your patience and endorsment.

cheers

-alok