MEF with XML and XAML

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Hi
 Is it possible to use MEF with XML and XAML. If so could you please share your thoughts on the same. It will be very helpful.
Thanks
Bhiku
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM

What do you mean specifically?

Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:42 PM
To: Glenn Block
Subject: MEF with XML and XAML [MEF:39889]

Hi
Is it possible to use MEF with XML and XAML. If so could you please share your thoughts on the same. It will be very helpful.
Thanks
Bhiku

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Hi Glenn,
This is what i am trying to go. I want to use MEF for extensibility with XAML. I want the developer to create extension point inside the markup. I created a markup extension. eg . Inside the markup extension i am trying to get the export for this passed type via MEF. The problem i am facing is I cannot use Attributed type for my import. How can i specify import at runtime. Do i need to create a new composiblepart class? Please let me know.
Thanks

To: shailj@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:52:33 -0800
Subject: Re: MEF with XML and XAML [MEF:39889]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: gblock

What do you mean specifically?

Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:42 PM
To: Glenn Block
Subject: MEF with XML and XAML [MEF:39889]

Hi
Thanks
Bhiku

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Nov 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM
Hi Bhikaji

Most likely you would need a catalog, a custom part definition and a custom part. You could get a way with just a custom part and then manually have them added to the container to get composed, though it wouldn't be optimal.

Glenn