ASP.Net & Silverlight Samples

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM
I would like to see how to apply this framework in an ASP.Net application and also separately in a silverlight application.  Is this in the plans of the MEF team?  This is great stuff. 

Now let me mention that I would like to see a module type example in ASP.Net, but I would like to see an example where you add an option to a menu that already exists. I don't know how this would be possible, but to add a new page based on the external .dll using the MEF framework.  I'm not sure if these scenarios are possible but I have to push the envolope here.

Keep up the great work
Nov 10, 2008 at 6:42 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2008 at 6:44 AM
Hello there!

The MEF Contrib site has a sample applying MEF to an ASP.NET application. It is not exactly the scenario you describe but it does allow two user controls and a page to communicate over MEF. You could easily build your scenario on top of that.

Silverlight is not done as a sample yet but I've seen a demo on it and naturally it works too.

Let me know if you put together a workable demo on your scenario and/or Silverlight and I'll add you to contrib as a contributing developer.

Cheers,

M.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 02:15, irperez <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I would like to see how to apply this framework in an ASP.Net application and also separately in a silverlight application. Is this in the plans of the MEF team? This is great stuff.

Now let me mention that I would like to see a module type example in ASP.Net, but I would like to see an example where you add an option to a menu that already exists. I don't know how this would be possible, but to add a new page based on the external .dll using the MEF framework. I'm not sure if these scenarios are possible but I have to push the envolope here.

Keep up the great work

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Magnus Mårtensson
Senior Consultant - Scrum Master - MCSD, MCTS
Dotway AB
Techie.notepad