Does MEF help in non-UI code extensibility

Nov 1, 2008 at 9:21 PM
One thing I tried finding but couldn't. Examples depcited here are mostly UI based extensibilities.

I want to know if someone has applied this in non-UI based application extension scenarios. For example, how about using this as a rule engine configuration and behaviour definition? What do experts think?
Nov 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM
I have not used MEF as what is defined, but have been reading through many of the posts and contributed in some.
My POV, many of the examples have the UI component simply because that makes the concept better explained. In fact the extensibility part of these examples are NON-UI only the result is presented as  a part of the UI.

My 2 cents
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:32 AM
I am currently implementing MEF as used a way of defining custom event behaviour within my program.

Alerts are generated and when an alert is it it sent to my PluginManager that then sends it to all active plugins.  An alert could consist of an email being sent, or a messagebox on screen etc.
Nov 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM
Hi mOnkeyMafia
 I am trying to do the same. If you don;t mind would you share the code with me. That will be very helpful.
Thanks