Error 20 The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I have downloaded Preview 2,  added a reference to System.ComponentModel.Composition.Codeplex.dll from the bin directory of the download.

Add a using statement to System.ComponentModel.Composition...all seems ok.

Perform a build and get the above error...

Error 20 The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

and a red squiggly under Composition on the above using statement and the only avail option in intellisence is ComponentModel.Design

Any ideas?

Thx

Steve

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I have the same problem.  I recieve the error:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I referenced the Mef.Prototype project in my solution, and everything compiles correctly.  I just get this error below when I run it.

Compilation Error 
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 594:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 595:        private global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx @__BuildControl__control20() {
Line 596:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePartCatalog catalog;
Line 597:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer container;
Line 598:            catalog = Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.WebExtensions.ControlUtility.CreateCatalog(typeof(global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx));

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c2897121\a0a382e1\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.sgekomyr.0.cs    Line: 596 

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM
Do you have have a reference to the new dll (ends with codeplex.dll)

On 30 Nov 2010, at 20:08, mikejpappas wrote:

I have the same problem. I recieve the error:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I referenced the Mef.Prototype project in my solution, and everything compiles correctly. I just get this error below when I run it.

Compilation Error 
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 594:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 595:        private global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx @__BuildControl__control20() {
Line 596:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePartCatalog catalog;
Line 597:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer container;
Line 598:            catalog = Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.WebExtensions.ControlUtility.CreateCatalog(typeof(global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx));

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c2897121\a0a382e1\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.sgekomyr.0.cs    Line: 596 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Ah, I missed that one.  Thanks so much, Steve.  It works now.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Excellent, no problem!

On 30 Nov 2010, at 20:36, mikejpappas wrote:

Ah, I missed that one. Thanks so much, Steve. It works now.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com