This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error 20 The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I have downloaded Preview 2,  added a reference to System.ComponentModel.Composition.Codeplex.dll from the bin directory of the download.

Add a using statement to System.ComponentModel.Composition...all seems ok.

Perform a build and get the above error...

Error 20 The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

and a red squiggly under Composition on the above using statement and the only avail option in intellisence is ComponentModel.Design

Any ideas?

Thx

Steve

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I have the same problem.  I recieve the error:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I referenced the Mef.Prototype project in my solution, and everything compiles correctly.  I just get this error below when I run it.

Compilation Error 
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 594:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 595:        private global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx @__BuildControl__control20() {
Line 596:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePartCatalog catalog;
Line 597:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer container;
Line 598:            catalog = Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.WebExtensions.ControlUtility.CreateCatalog(typeof(global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx));

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c2897121\a0a382e1\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.sgekomyr.0.cs    Line: 596 

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Do you have have a reference to the new dll (ends with codeplex.dll)

On 30 Nov 2010, at 20:08, mikejpappas wrote:

I have the same problem. I recieve the error:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I referenced the Mef.Prototype project in my solution, and everything compiles correctly. I just get this error below when I run it.

Compilation Error 
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Composition' does not exist in the namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 594:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 595:        private global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx @__BuildControl__control20() {
Line 596:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.ComposablePartCatalog catalog;
Line 597:            System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer container;
Line 598:            catalog = Microsoft.ComponentModel.Composition.WebExtensions.ControlUtility.CreateCatalog(typeof(global::ASP.views_shared_gridcommandbar_ascx));

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c2897121\a0a382e1\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.sgekomyr.0.cs    Line: 596 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Ah, I missed that one.  Thanks so much, Steve.  It works now.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Excellent, no problem!

On 30 Nov 2010, at 20:36, mikejpappas wrote:

Ah, I missed that one. Thanks so much, Steve. It works now.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEF@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com